Team Vera at the Theakston's Crime-Writing Festival in Harrogate, 2017: Steph McGovern, Ann Cleeves, Brenda Blethyn and Kenny Doughty - read all about it in Ann's Diary!
Wild Fire, the eighth and last Shetland mystery, featuring Detective Jimmy Perez, had its official UK launch on Wednesday 5th September 2018 at - where else? - Lerwick Town Hall. Follow the link to join the celebrations, live from Lerwick, Shetland: https://t.co/p7pVPPIztH courtesy of Criminal Element (@crimehq)
And if none of Ann's appearances are near you, you can still buy a signed copy of any of her books, thanks to Forum Books of Corbridge: there's more information here.
- Friday 26th April, 12.30 pm
- Book signing, Waterstones, Oban, 12 George Street, Oban, PA34 5SB.
- Saturday 27th - Sunday 28th April
- Colonsay Book Festival
- Saturday 4th May, 7.00 pm
- In conversation at Inverewe with Prof. Lorna Dawson;chaired by Jennifer Melville, Head of Curatorial and Conservation for National Trust Scotland
Venue: Osgood's Café at Inverewe Garden
- Saturday 18th - Sunday 19th May
Murder at the Word
- Join Ann and fellow members of the Murder Squad at the Word, 45 Market Place, South Shields, NE33 1JF for a weekend of exciting events: Saturday is Readers' Day, Sunday is Writers' Day, and there's a fabulous Murder Mystery Night on Saturday evening!
- Sunday 9th June, 11.00 am
- Q & A at Greenway Literary Festival, Greenway Road, Galmpton, near Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0ES
- Friday 14th - Sunday 16th June
- At Polar à la Plage, crime writing festival in Le Havre, France.
- Summer Hauntings at the Lit & Phil
Tuesday 25th June, 7.00 pm
- Ann will be reading her ghost story Stranded, and in conversation with Gail-Nina Anderson
Tickets £7 / £5 from the Lit & Phil by telephone (0191) 232 0192, by email from or in person from the Lit & Phil, 23 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1SE.
- New England Crime Bake
Friday 8th - Sunday 10th November
- Ann will be Guest of Honor.
Ann Cleeves has written a murder mystery based around a traditional Shetland Sunday tea, especially for librarians and booksellers who would like to host their own murder mystery party. There's a script for four actors (with a guest appearance from detective Jimmy Perez), and - for a really authentic experience! - there are recipes for Shetland homebakes!
Look out for a 'Blood on the Bannocks' event near you - or find out how you can stage your own!